Today we are adding new guides for our customers running TBS DVB hardware and software in Windows Server 2008 R2. In addition to running Windows Server 2003 and 2008, you can now run Windows Server 2008 R2 with TBS DVB s2 card. After describe the procedure for you to add successfully BDA to Windows 2008, you can do it both for 32-bit and 64-bit. There is no big difference between 32 bit version and 64 bit version. The only difference is one set of files which you can acquire from respectively Windows 7 installation with the same architecture, i.e. either 32-bit or 64-bit. so, after careful investigation in our lab that we’ve done some Months ago on the issues of setting up BDA in Windows Server 2008 R2 and Installing TBS DVB hardware and software products in that operating system. Besides, we managed to develop procedure that leads to successfully achieve the task.
Now let’s give you step-by-step procedure. Please make sure that your attempts to set up BDA in a clean installation. Otherwise it could easily fail. if you follow the steps on clean installation of Windows Server 2008 R2 the result will be always successful and you will always get completely reliable work of TBS DVB hardware and software products. All additional files that are not included on the installation CD of TBS DVB s2 cards (or available for download online on our website), Now let’s start to how to setup (TBS) DVB hardware and software products in Windows Server 2008 R2:
1. Install (as usual) driver for your TBS DVB product. For example, if you purchase TBS 6984 quad tuner card, you can install the windows drivers for TBS 6984 from the attaching manual CD or their official website.
2. Run “BDA_R2__TV_Card_.msi” and follow the steps( You may download it from here)
3. Install “Microsoft Desktop Experience” for Windows Server 2008 R2, which is part of the operating system, with doing the following:
– go to “Start Menu” – > “All Programs” – > “Administrative Tools” – > “Sever
Manager” – > “Features” – > “Add Feature”
– select “Desktop Experience” and choose to install it Just to add as a note here that “Desktop Experience” installation will Restart the computer one or more times until the installation is completed
4. Extract files from “bda-server2008r2_patch.rar” and run “bdasetup.exe”which will install the necessary files in your system (those files are takenfrom Windows 7 installation with the respective architecture. so, for example if those files are 32-bit and you need 64-bit files then you can just copy the same files from Windows 7 installation with the corresponding architecture). or You may download it from here.
5. Now you can install TBS IPtool (or any other DVB application for Windows)
and use it successfully with TBS DVB hardware in Windows Server 2008 R2
Tenow’s Newest Products Announcement
1. TBS 6984 Quad Tuner card—IPTV providers in particular are waiting for this card, it offers 4* DVB s2 transponders. Four channels can be received at the same time from up to four different satellites.
2. TBS 6925 Professional Tuner card—It is professional card for data reception. The key feature is to receiver DVB s2 32 APSK , ACM, CCM,VCAM model. These would be preferred by satellite data download providers.
3. TBS 5980 USB Qbox with CI—This is intended to used for connection to a laptop: DVB S2 CAM box with USB, it would let you watch PayTV channels on your laptop.